Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013

My week in a couple of pictures and thoughts #4


Warning: This post will not be a "oh-everything-is fine" post, because sometimes things aren't always great in life an this week ther weren't so many things that were fine.Aditionally, you will see that the everyday routine/life has now begun, that's why there is not always something super worthwhile to tell. So it might not be as interesting as last week's post, but at least I wanted to inform you what happened! Next week will be a looot better, you will soon get to know why! :) 
So enjoy that awesome travel account and please look forward to this week's post :P 

Thumbs up for: Nice weather, a 'good' "Schnitzel" at the "Jägerhof", A BBQ @ Stoeffi's home! Beachdays!

Thums down for: Lost Bus passes, forgotten cell phones and a strained foot

Bought: Lots of bus tickets!


Thought: "Can this week get worse?"

Searched: my patience

Found: nice messages in my inbox that made my week better!

Worth hearing: Billy Talent - This Suffering






Worth seeing: "The Big Wedding" with Robert DeNiro, a fun movie

Quoted well:"If life gives you lemmons, make lemmonade"

Last sin: Hot Choclate



Monday: Slowly the everyday routine starts... but thats not bad at all! We started our week with a cozy chill out at Stanley Park after class. We basicly did nothing besides talking, watching squirrels and enjoying the sun!
Look, Corinne, there's a squirrel!

Thomas was creative ! He made a beautiful flower chaplet!

Tuesday: Cheap night at the movie's, as every Tuesday. And actually I told everybody that I won't go to the cinema during my stay here, if the weather is so nice, nevertheless I did it ^^- BUT this was just because all the people from our class were planning their trip to Vancouver Island for the long weekend (wich is next weekend, but not because of "Pfingsten", but because of the "Victoria Day"). Anyways, I am unfurtunatly not able to jion the group because I book a trip to the Rockies for the upcomming weekend! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so locking forward! But- back to topic - I went to the cinema with other friends, Jennifer, Sibylle and Gabriella. We watched "The Big Wedding" which was a really nice comedy! It's worth to watch it! Afterwards it was already late, so that I drove back from Metrotown, that took me about 1:20 h to go back to my homestay!

Wednesday: Beachday! What else is there to do, if you live in a city with nice bays near your school than enjoying the sun right there? Exactlly: Nothing. So that's what we did ! It was really nice to hang out with the guys, feeling the sand between the toes and-of course to bother some people with throwing sand on them :P 
But a baaaaaad incident made my day (and my week much worse!) I discovered that I must have lost my monthly pass for the Bus! :O And iz´t was 124$!!! I was soooooo upset, because I was so stupid loosing it :/ But oh, well it's gone now, and I can't buy an other one because they are sold out! Certainly one thing that they should change about their transportsystem here... why the heck are bus tickets sold out?! But oh well, besides that the day was great !

Thursday: On Thursday nothing really special happened, we had school till 4:30 and afterwards, we decided to go home, or rather, I tried to get another busticket and money (because my stupid creditcard does not work here).  And as nothing of it worked out, I also went home and went for a run. Running here, by the way, is really popular. everybody does iit! Really, everybody! You always see some runners, it doesn't matter where you are. Because of the wonderful naturel, and the forest right at the end of the street of my homestay, I absolutely enjoy doing it here. And especially on that day, I needed it to "get my mind freed" (idk if one can say that this way!) One day, I have to got to the forest and take some pictures to show you my way!

Friday: Yeeeeah, finally weekend! And it was supposed to be the last sunny day for a long time ! That's why we went to the beach! We planned to meet the otheres at  Kitselano beach, because they had lunch in a korean restaurant, that we didn't want to go to, so we had lunch elsewhere. Unfortunatly it was impossible to find the others at that beach, but at least we went there with a little boat and had a nice ferry ride which took us about 5 minutes instead of a 30 minutes walk. After we searched for the others a long time, we relaxed a bit and then drove back and to North Vancouver. I just looked if Isadora maybe was at home, because we wanted to meet there to go to a bbq together. But no, there was no Isadora, so we went out again, for a walk, but when we were about to leave the house, a voice jelled at us, and guess who was it- Isadora, comming back from Kitselano. We talked and she told us that she will get ready while we take a walk. So after we came back, we had to wait a little bit(and I got to know her sister via skype, that was fun), but than she was ready and we went to the BBQ at Stoeffi's house! It was a really fun evening, including a good dinner, good music and new friends!

Saturday: On Saturday we went to the Lighthouse Park, a nice area of west vancouver, with a nice forest and some hiking trails.The weather wasn't so nice, really muggy and then rainy. The area was nice but not "oh wow, overwhelming" but it doesn't have to be like that always :P Yeah, after a while, me stupid Sina, fell and hurt my foot, so that it is now strained or something :/ But oh well, after that happened we finished our walk and than went further to Horseshoe Bay, wich is a tiny village, from where the ferry will hopefully bring me to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island soon! When we arrived it rained really a lot, so that we didn't stay long and went to North Van instead. There we went to "German" restaurant, the "Jägerhof" (at least i thought it was german, because it had a german name, but we asked the waitress, who told us, that it is actually tcheck.) We all ate typicall german food, which was good but of course not like in Germany ;) Afterwards, my foot hurt so much, that I almost had to cry, so my friends brought me to the bus stop (they also had to help me walk, I felt so ashamed! But then it finaly started to rain AGAIN and I thought "Yes this week can get worse!" When the bus came I was so thankful, but when I got off I wasn't thankful anymore, because I still had to limp home! Back home I just took some medicine and slept.








Sunday: Nothing reeeally special, a lazy day, as always! I slept in and did my phone calls and Emails, then I went to the biggest mall around here, called "Metrotown". It was nice in there, but too big for me! And to overcrowded! I guess that not only we had the idea that spending a really rainy sunday in a mall could be nice ^^ Because it was so full of people shopping wasn't that much fun, so I decided to search for a hairdresser, but they all had no time, so that I have to wait and search for a hairdresser during the week. 

Yes, and now I'm sitting here,writing that post for you and it's already Tuesday! I apologize, but life is keeping me busy, which is not that bad ! :P

Hope you all enjoy your week more than I did it with my last one :P

x)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen