Sonntag, 5. Mai 2013

My week in a couple of thoughts and pictures #3



Thumbs up for: The nicest weather ever! A passed exam, a sporty week(end)

Thums down for: Bad Thursdays,

Bought: Souvenirs :P

Thought: (Tuesday): "I'm longing for a steak!" (Friday):"Now I'm finally happy" :P

Searched: My health

Found: A stunning place, called Deep Cove; summer

Worth hearing: Gavin DeGraw - Chariot





Worth seeing: The sunset here <3>

Quoted well: "You know, maybe it's a sign. Just go back to the station as fast as you can. Just go."

Last sin: Super awesome Doughnut!


Monday: The week started really well, the weather was sunny although it was reeeeaally windy and cold. Nothing special happend, besides, that a huge cruise ship was at Canada Place in the morning and in the evinig it left the harbour and when it was about to leave I sat in the ferry and watched the spectacle while next to it a helicopter and a air plane were flying! But before all that happened we were in a pub, enyoing some drinks and then I went to a bank with Anna because she had a problem with her credit card (as like I did 2 weeks ago.!) Shit money, shit creditcards..
After that i just went home and ate dinner with Isa, afterwards we went out to take some sunset pictures, but unfortunatly we were to late!





 



Tuesday:
This day was the day of our practice exam! Horrible! Sooo horrible, about 4 hours of all tests, besides the speaking. That means Reading,Writing,Use of English and in the end Listening. All in all it wasn't that bad, but it was exausthing. Afterwards I needed some rest, and while some others went to the cinema (cheap night at the movies) or went home, I went shopping! I bought as you will see some clothes and some souvenirs. But I won't show  the things that some of you will get, it should be a surprise! 
Steamclock at Gastown


b
Beautiful view of the Harbour Center Tower from Gastown

Shopping!

My wonderful bed!

My desk/workplace ;)

You are always by my side!

Always! <3>

Wednesday: This was a beautful day guys, I tell you, just beautifull! Even though the day started really not that good, besides the looong skype session with my family which was quiet necessary! I had a bad headache and I didn't feel well at all. But the teacher told me that my speaking test would be on Thursday, wich meant free afternoon instead of class till 3:30 for me. So we had plenty of time which we used to go to Lynn Canyon. Awesome! Just a short walk and there was a small but awesome suspension bridge and a beautiful nature! We took a lot of pictures and afterwards I went home to watch hockey and have dinner with the family! It was so nice to do this togehter, because we had the opportunity to get to know each other a little bit better and had a fun time!




Thursday:
Baaaaad day! I woke up and really felt sick! And you germans know, that I always go to schools, even with the flue! But I was unable to go there, because I had to vomit :S So well, i stayed home and slept and afterwards i felt a lot better! i decided to go to my speaking test in the afternoon, wich was quiet easy, ( I hope I'll get a good result! ) That's basicly everything that happened, besides thta I did some supermarket shopping and bought a loooooot. Look at that sandwich.. its huge! That will be my lunch for the next weeks :P
Friday: It's Friday Friday, lalalala... Yes, Friday started really nice, because we got our results of our first practice exam. I passed it and I got a good score, so that I'm almost satisfied. My aim is to reah the 90 % but there are still some more weeks to go ;)
After the really intersting school day *NOT* a couple of friends and me went to Queen Elizabeth Parc. BEAUTIFUL. Awesome, wonderful and magical. And the weather was so nice, too. We had sunshine the whole day and about 25°C . And the parc was beautiful and huge and just, aaah look at the pictures and you'll understand me ! After the Park we decided to go to a real Steakhouse. I must admit, even though I thought it was far to expensive, it was worth it! I loved it ! The food was delicious! I was sooo happy afterwards!
Replete and satisfied, we went to the next Pub to watch the Canucks game. It was the first round of the playoffs, and the canuks lost in the end, which really sucked. But actually the Canucks are not thaaaaat good in icehockey, as far as I can estimate that!



I always stick to the rules ;)

Cute Couple! ;)

Saturday: Plans for the day: Deep Cove. What we actually did? A lot more :P It was almost the nicest day of the week so my roomate Isadora, her brasilian friend Thais and me decided to go to Deep Cove, a beautiful place in North Vancouver. When we finally arrived there, after taking some buses and letting us beacon by fate ( "Let's ask the busdriver!" - "Oh no,I think it's okay, we will arrive our destination, don't worry!") ^^,it was really wonderful. We walked around the neighbourhood a little bit and then decided to do the hike up the mountain, because my classmate Stephan told me that you have an awesome view there. And it was the truth. Absolutely stunning. Just take a look! Awesom. I could have stayed there aaaall day! Isadora was already afraid that I would get a sunburn, so we went back to the "beach" again, and finally ate the famous doughnuts of Deep Cove. I know, they don't look that tasty, but they were delicious!









After that, we just put our feet in the water, and just relaxed a bit. Than we decided to go - but not home, just to an other bay at the other side of the town to watch the sunset! Haha, stupid idea but wit an other awesome view ( I think awesome is the description for everything ^^)



Then when we watched the sunset, there was a "streetartist" (someone that entertains people and does little tricks as well), when we were finished watching that I tried to check my message, because I got an invitation to a bbq of a friend earlier that morninng, but unfortunately it was hard to find free wifi there. when we finally found wifi and my stupid phone worked, we were like "hey, yes why not!" When we started our adventure to go there (where we've never been before), we were actaully happy that we might get some dinner finally, because we were sooooooo hungry, and it was already 9:30! So when we arrived at east vancouver it was dark already, and we didn't find the house, so that we had to ask somebody. We stopped a couple, which was taking a walk with the dog. we spoke to them a little and they were trying to help us, but when we were about to figure out where to go, they were like" Girls, really go home it's a dangerous area... don't talk to naymbody here, better go home, you know, it's not safe" ... after that we were so scared, that we straight went back to the station! I was really sad, that we couldn't go to the bbq, but somehow it wasn't ment to be. :(
Anyways, on our way back, we just met guys who were at that bbq, and we told them our story, and they couldn really understand, but well, we're girls, we need to be more carefull than guys. They went back with us to downtown, but than the group split, because we went to have dinner (a delicious pizza) and they went to a club.

Sunday:
MET REALATIVES THAT YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE: THE ONLY PICURE YOU HAVE IS 20 YEARS OLD.
Challenge: Accepted.
Yeah, that was my sunday. I went to Abbotsford, a tiny littly city (for canaidian conditions) near the  U.S border. I was told by my grandparents that I should visit them and give them some present the gave me. Okay, so i called them and we decided to meet today. So far, so good. I took the skytrain and took aaall the way, wich ws about 1.20 hours, than I tried to find my grandfathers cousin. By first guess, I was wrong, but then, a women stopped me askin if I wa sthe girl from Germany. So this is how I got to know Jakes daughter. Afterwards I also saw jake, and we remarqued that we just passed by each other befor haha ^^
But anyways, thet sitaution was weird for my, but i didn't feel uncomfortable, as they were really nice talking to me, and I knew that I could trust them. So , to keep it short, because i wrote almost a novel for you today .. we had a nice ride to ther home another 45 minutes from the station... and then I met jakes wife at home. Really, really nice people. Becaaaause, let me tell you one funny thing. When I called them, it thought that my grandparents know this family quiet well. I knew they haven't seen them for about 20 years, but they told me that tey are in contact and everything. But in fact, they only met once. ONCE!!! Okkkaaay,that felt strange for me, beacue I was inviting myself in peoples house that don't even know my family, besides their names and several letters every year. But okay, there I was. And it turned out that it wasn't strange at all! They were so nice. And we had a looot to talk about, Germany, Canada, the U.S, religion,politics, history, really everythin, for hours! And I felt so comfortable around them. And I love their house, and their area they live in(Near the border, with the view over the countryside, with the huge Mount Baker domiating the scenery! And I actually I say my first "wild" animaly there - a coyote!
It was such a nice day, we had lunch togehter, i gave them present, they gave me persent, we shared picures, memoreis and thoughts. Just a nice day!
After some hours of talking they brought me back to the station and I made my way home and ammusingly I met Isadora at the seabus station, so we went home together.



Soooo. That was my week. And now it's almost monday over here haha.!
And by the way. I stopped trying to keep my blog short. Sorry. I'm not able to do that :P

Have a nice week and some of you: Ejoy your holidays, or your final exams ;)

x)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen