Sonntag, 2. Juni 2013

Week #7

Ohjeeeh! Time is running! Only 2 more weeks left now! I can't believe it.. I need to stop wasting time on stupid things and the weather needs to get better now...  this week showed definitely why Vanouver is also called "Raincouver".. but at least the sunday showed a good side of Vancouver, it was sunny almost the whole day!

Thumbs up for:Bus Month passes, I feel so mobile now :P, good friends and skype, the sun and the weekend

Thums down for: RAINcouver

Bought: food and stamps, many stamps :) 

 Thought: "When it comes to a point where it can't get worse, you just have to make the best out of it... It will work!"


Searched: The sun!


 Found: The sun! (on SUNday, haha ;D)



Worth hearing:
Angus & Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane


Worth seeing: As I wasn't in the cinema this week and I don't watch any TV here, I have no recoomodation!


Quoted well: "The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

 Last sin: Honey Doughnut at Deep Cove !




Yeah, to gve you a more detailed summary of my week is sometimes reeeeeally hard! I think My memory is really bad ! And on some days, nothing really interesting happens which is worth telling you!

Monday: I honestly don't remember, what I did :P

Tuesday: Another test day! Yeeeah!  It was the second and last practice exam for the CAE ... in 2 weeks,there's no more practicing.. o.O The test was okay, it was a little harder in my opinion than the last time, but you could say, that we get used to it :P :P .. I was happy when that test was over but I didn't join my friends with going to the cinema, because I wasn't interested in the movie(s). This is the reason why i went home. Because, when there is rain in Vancouver than there's almost nothing more to do than staying inside ;)

Wednesday: If was trying to escape from the rain? Not at all! I was invited to a friends house after school, so I visited him and his wonderful hostfamily! I only say: 16 month old baby and a dog! Wonderful!!! So, even though it rained not so less, we went out for a walk with the dog. This made me realize how I miss my dog at home! And than we "talked" a little bit to Oliver(?) wich was wonderful. A cute boy! I watched a movie with that really mean and not congenial swiss person and than went home! (So Stephan, this is now your fault, before your complaints I didn't think about writing something mean !^^.. but you know it's a joke, dude :D)I really enjoyed that day! It is always nice to get to know other canadian families and do something else than "sightseeing" or "drinking a coffee".


Thursday:On this day I had my speaking test toghter with Ayako and a foreign swiss from the FCE class. So..that means 3 people, which is in my opinion a little bit more difficult. But it worked out well :) it was a nice atmosphere so that i almost forgot the examiner. I really enjoyed to have Ayako as my partner again, because I think we are a great team and we did a good job. I hope it's not a propblem, if she's not my partner in the real exam ^.^ ;) After the test, the day was "nearly" over, so that there was no other option than going home.

Friday:  Weekend, finally :) Or first some hours of school and then weekend :) But well, the weather wasn't that bad anymore and we decied to go Stanley Park. I said that I've never really been IN Stanley park, so that we walked to it and than decided to walk around the Park, which is about 10 kilometer! We had a really nice view to North and west vancouver and saw an otter. And at the end of the day we were rewarded with the sun setting at English Bay :)










Saturday: Because I woke up early i went out for a short run, skyped with my family and friends and then went to Richmond a city near Vancouver, which was supposed to have a nice part called "Steveston village". It was really nice, even though the weather wasn't so perfect. We ate some fish and chips and than walked around the town and watched the beautiful buildings and the sea. It was again a walk from about 8 kilometers combined with my run in the morning also a lot. I walk around quite much, I like that! :) I should do that at home too :P









Anyways, we went to Queen Elizabeth Park afterwards, to meet Anna for dinner. The restaurant we went to was particulary good! I really enjoyed it there, we had a nice atmosphere, good food and a breathtaking view and Vnacouvers "skyline" in the night. And, really guys, I ate sooo much, I have to show you that. But it was really worth it:P:P

It doesn't only look good, it was :)
We stayed there really long till it was really dark nad guess what we also saw a wedding proposal! Amazing! After our dinner we took some pictures from downtown, which I will show you later, becaause a friend of mine took them :) When I came home I was sooo awake that I couldn't really sleep (maybe too much food?) and what could you do, when you can't sleep? Use the time with skyping! That was really fun, but I went to bed at 3 and I had to get up at 8 again on sunday, that was hard, but worth it!

Sunday: after getting up soearly, for another skype call, I went to bed again,and then when it was "late enough, I got up and made my way to deep cove ! It was the second time we've been there, but I really looked forward to it, because we wereswimming, in that kind of old water and just enjoyed the day, playing frsibee, lying around and eating those wonderful delicious doughnuts!


So one can say, even though the week started a little bad, it got better and better, and in the end, it was perfect. Do you remember my "Thought" above? Maybe I should just think more positive!


So now, I am almost on time again, be proud of me ;) And enjoy your week! I hope the rain will disappear soon in Germany!


x)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen