Montag, 24. Juni 2013

Week #9

Thumbs up for: nice last days, exams done

Thums down for: leaving Vancouver!

Bought: postcards!

Thought: I'm going to miss this place, these people and this life I had here..

Searched: my necklace


Found: my necklace !!! (finally at home, when I unpacked my stuff!)

Worth hearing: As i showed my roomate some german music I also showed her some of my friendds, that sing in English, so that she can understand it better, and as she liked them I wantedt to show them to you too!
Fabian Steinhübel- If I could turn back the time
(if you want to watch better quality and more recent music  go to his soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/fabiansteinhuebel
(unfortunately I couldn't upload a vidoe of this webpage! You have to stop by!)

           Chris - Counting Stars (Cover OneRepublic)
(You have to click through his other covers on youtube as well! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3m_Uja52-ikg4s1BnmwXqg)


Enjoy and tell me what you think of my two friends in your comments, maybe?


Worth seeing: "Now you see me" nice and not so forseeable as most might think!


Quoted well:  "When things are at their best, it's time to go"


Last sin: Tim Hortons Café Mocha at the airport


Monday:
After we gratuadted last week, this week was "exam week".. so on monday was our "speaking" test. francesca and I had our test in the early afternoon so that we had plenty of time for enjoying the day befor and after the test. Although we were both really nervous and afraid I think we did a good job and I think we passed for sure!
So after the exam I spent some more time in school and went out for some shopping afterwards. That was basicly my day, so nothing special.. BUT as you can see ONE thing was special. It was my hostmom's birthday. She wanted to keep it as a secret but as you can see that didn't work out so well. her sister had a lot of fun organizing this huge decoration for her in our garden. Really funny ! :D
My hostmum was yeah.. let's say shocked. In my opinion it is a really good idea of her sister and Marnie shouldn't be ashamed of being 40 now :)




Tuesday: One day before the exam..the real, exam. I should study.. at least a little. Okay, I did.but it wasn't as effective as I hoped it would be. So we went to the cinema one last time (our last "cheap night at the movies" on our last tuesday! :( ) We watched "Now you see me" togehter with one new friend -- an other german Tobias :P (yes there are two now ^^). After that I tried my first "Japadog", which was pretty tasty! Then we all went home and studied hard.. !

No, actually I just went home and for a walk ^^ This is my favourite jogging route and because I wanted to take some pictures(and I wa stoo lazy!) I turned my run into a walk with my camera ;)


Wednesday:Ohhhh final exam day. Finally! after 8 weks of studying and school.. We all had to get up extra earl to get to that hotel where we took the test, which was .. yes, somehow not so easy but also not the best I ever did.. I was just really happy when it was over! After the exam our two CAE classes went to the Cambies and had a nice afternoon and then some of our class went to the cactus Club to have dinner. Actually the plan was to go out in a club afterward but all of us were far to tired to do anything... so we went back to the Cambies (yes, that was somehow stupid!) and then we went home because I needed to sleep because on Thursday I planned to go to Victoria with Stephan. That meant for me to get up at 5:45 a.m!


Thursday: 
At last I went to Victoria! I was already afraid that there wouldn't be another chance left to go there. The day was extremly bright and sunny, other than expected. So we had a good day to enjoy that beautiful harbour city. But first we had to travel about 4 hours to arrive in Victoria. But fortnunatly everything went without incidents, so we were in time for everything and had a relaxing day in that beautiful town. The thing is, as everybody sad.. Victoria is beautiful, but boring ^^.. we walked around looked at Fishermen's warft and the harbour, the B.C Parliament and finally, because I persuaded Stephan we wnet to the museum that was supposed to be very good. I know that the weather was far to good for that but in my opinion that museum was worth it. Especially because we were a little unimaginative with what we could do the whole day :) We should have brought or swimming clothes or something! But it was tsill nice and really infrmative. And as we missed our Bus to go the ferry, we had to bridge some more time, so we had dinner, so that Stephan didn't have to die hungry ^^ . Finally we made our way back and were both really tired! And in the end I am happy that we both survied that day without hating each other ( I am still angy at you because you draw in the middle of my Canada flag :/)











Friday:
Last day for most of us! Thats why wewanted to meet one last time before we al spread in different directions (either home or on vacation). So in the morning I went to downtown to sell my buspass and afterward do soem last tourist shopping! After that I HAD to go home one more time, because I bought far too much and I couldn't carry everything to the restaurant in the evening. So I wetn home and then back to downtown ( english bay) in record time, enjoyed the last glimpse at the pacific ocean and the bay and went to milestone's where Francesca had reserved a table for us! It was a wonderful last dinner with all my friends, and afterwards we took a walk through the city to go to the Cambies (again..) to meet some other ppl, but it wastoo crowded so that we went to a famous ?brewery? called Steamworks. There we enjoyed the last few hours before it was time to say goodbye!
Tobias,Thomas & Stefan

Ayako! I looove this picture!

Tobias, Stefan, Jennifer, Corinne, Anna, Francesca, Jin, Ayako


We had a lot of fun this evening and it was  hard to say good bye to the friends I made the last two months! It was so nice to sit with the guys one last time at the "beach", (a smaller one nearby the harbour), even though we didn't od anything special and we had to walk almost half an hour to get back to a normal street it was really nice and I won't forget that! I hope you do all enjoy your time at vancouve, or at your vacation and I hope that at least some of you will visit me some day in Germany! You are all welcome, I hope you know that!

Saturday:
 Time to pack my bags and say good bye! I had almost he whole daytime for that because my flight was at 23:50 in the evening, so i spend my last day with packing my suitcase ( a challenge I tell you!!!) and had a nice and reaxed last day with my hostfamily! I was really sad to leave this beautiful place knowing that it will be a long time till I have the opportunity to visit this wonderful part of the world again!

But in the end it was not the place that made that time unforgetable, but the people and the memories I made there!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Nice report with great pictures! :) ... and thanks for sharing my video!!
    - Chris -

    AntwortenLöschen